Yes, a plantar fasciitis brace can help. The brace helps support the arch of your foot and provides extra cushioning. It also helps keep your heel from moving too far forward, making the pain worse. The brace may not completely eliminate the pain, but it can help reduce it. If you wear the brace all the time, it can also help prevent the condition from getting worse.
How to use a plantar fasciitis brace:
1. Place the brace on your foot before you stand up.
2. Wrap the strap around your ankle and over the top of your foot.
3. Adjust the straps so they’re tight but not too tight. You should be able to move your toes freely.
4. Wear the brace all day, even when sitting or lying down. You can take it off to shower or bathe.
5. When you first start wearing the brace, you may feel like it’s too tight or that it’s cutting off circulation to your foot. This is normal and will go away as your foot gets used to the brace.